1. We have strong __________ for believing that the mine accident in Heilongjiangwas due to the poor management.
A. grounds B. reason C. cause D. purpose
2. I must have been a great ______ to my parents in those hard days, for I never failed to live up
to their expectations.
A. achievement B. comfort C. disappointment D. support
3. There is an obvious __________ between the cultures of the West and East.
A. content B. contrast C. contract D. contact
4. A trip to theforest parkis a wonderful ______ of my happy childhood, when I had no end of
fun with my playmates.
A. adventure B. celebration C. reminder D. attraction
5. Nowadays people have to pass various tests for professional __________ so that they can be
qualified for a well-paid job.
A. certificates B. permission C. admission D. perseverance
6. Mr Li has some trouble sleeping, so dinking a glass of milk before going to bed every night is
his common __________.
A. practice B. knowledge C. experience D. duty
7. She’s hoping her first performance in theUSwill be the first step on the road to success, then
she wants to try her ________ inHollywood.
A. reputation B. fortune C. fame D. target
8. He spoke so casually, as though the problem were of little ________.
A. matter B. circumstance C. benefit D. consequence
9. —How much should I pay for the ice cream?
—It’s my _____.
A. choice B treat C present D charge
10. On your way to New York William will keep you ______, if you don’t want to be lonely.
A. company B. conductor C. safety D. friend