King of Oral English (1)|英语口语王(1)

[关于人物的英语作文]

I 天天用短句

1. That’s out. 这不行。
本句用于表示不赞成对方所提议的建议,或者所说的话,认为按照对方所说的去做会出现问题,或者于事无补等等。
a. A: What should we have tonight? 今晚我们吃什么?
    B: How about a chafing dish for a change? 改吃火锅怎么样?
    A: I have an upset stomach, so that’s out.  这可不行,我的胃不舒服,吃不了。
b. A: We’ve got to find somebody to cosign our mortgage. Who can we ask? 我们必须找个人替我们作贷款担保。找谁呢?
    B: How about my sister? 找我姐姐怎么样?
    A: No, that’s out. You know we don’t get along. 不,这不行。你是知道我俩合不来的。
2. I’m broke. 我没有钱了。
I’m broke. 即指身无分文,也常用于表示身上没有多少现金。此处broke是break的过去时,在此当作形容词使用。注意不可说成:I’m broken.
a. A: Do you want to stop for a hamburger? 你想不想停下来吃个汉堡?
    B: No, thanks. I’m broke this week. 不用了,谢谢。这周我把钱花光了。
b. A: May I borrow some money? Only two bucks. 你能借给我一点钱吗?就两块。
    B: I’m broke, too. 我也身无分文了。
3. Same here. 我也一样。
你第一次和朋友一起去家高级餐厅吃饭。服务员问要点什么。朋友点完后,你可以假装把菜单从头到尾看一遍,然后干脆地说same here。这即化尴尬为轻松,也展露了自己的英文。same here,这句话原为:I’ll have the same here. 省略为same here。
a. A: I’m having a coke. What would you like? 我喝可乐,你要什么?
    B: Same here. 我也一样。
b. A: I think I’ll have a Kung Pao chicken, since that’s their specialty. 我想要一份宫爆鸡丁,这是他们的招牌菜。
    B: Same here. 我也一样。

II 传情达意句

1.请求
a. Could you spare me a few minutes? 可否借我几分钟?
 = Do you have a minute?
b. I’ll regard it as a favor if you could come. 如果你能来,我将不胜感激。
    A: I’ll regard it as a favor if you could come. 如果你能来,我将不胜感激。
    B: I’d be delighted to if I’m free. 如有时间,我很乐意去。
c. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? 您能从心里原谅我吗?
    ★I beg your forgiveness. 我恳求您宽恕我。
2. 肯定
a. I’m a hundred percent certain. 我百分之百肯定。
    = I’m absolutely positive about it.
b. Your answer is to the point. 你说到点子上了。
    ★That’s a very straight forward answer. 答到点子上了。
c. If you say so. 如果你说是,那就是吧。
    A: My answer is definitely right. 我的答案完全正确。
    B: If you say so. 如果你说是,那就是吧。
d. That’s just what I’m getting at. 我正要说这事。
    A: The music is noisy. Would you mind my turning down the radio? 音乐太吵。我把收音机音量关小点可以吗?
   B: That’s just what I’m getting at. 我正要说这事。
3. 否定
a. You’ve got it all wrong. 你全弄错了。
   = You’re all wet, actually.
b. It’s actually not the case. 实际情况并非如此。
   A: You must be very busy. 你一定很忙。
   B: It’s actually not the case. 实际情况并非如此。
c. How could that be? 怎么会这样?
   = How can it be true?
d. That makes no sense. 那也太没道理了。
   = That doesn’t make sense.
e. Rubbish. 瞎说。
   = Nonsense.
   A: You must fall in love with Jane. 你一定爱上简了。
   B: Nonsense. 瞎说。

III 生活场景句

居家生活

1. 住房
a. Open the window and air the room. 打开窗户,给房间通通风。
    A: Mum, what must I do now? 妈妈,我现在应该做些什么?
    B: Open the window and air  the room. 打开窗户,给房间通通风。
b. It’s a pleasant apartment. 这套房子挺让人喜欢。
    A: It’s a pleasant apartment. 这套房子挺让人喜欢。
    B: As you see, the apartment is newly fitted up, and all other furniture has been prepared. 正如你所看到的,这房子已经装修过了,而且其它家具都齐备。

2. 起床
a. It can’t be that time already. 怎么已经是这个时候了?
    A: It can’t be that time already. 怎么已经是这个时候了?
    B: It must be wrong. 一定是弄错了。
b. I stayed up for the whole night. 我一夜没睡。
   ★I didn’t fall asleep until five o’clock. 我5点才睡着。
c. Ahh, I feel dizzy. 啊,我觉得头昏脑胀。
   ★I yawn and stretch. 我打呵欠伸懒腰。

3. 吃饭
a. Am I ever hungry! 我饿得很!
   = I could eat a horse.
   = I’m starved.
   ★I’m not hungry at all. 我一点儿也不饿。
   A: Am I ever hungry! 我饿得很!
   B: You have some snacks. 你吃点儿点心吧。
b. Help me set the table. 来帮忙摆碗筷。
   A: Don’t stand around doing nothing. Help me set the table. 不要呆在那里  不动,来帮忙摆碗筷。
   B: All right. 好的。
c. Call everyone to the table. 叫大家来吃饭。
  ★Call the family to dinner. 叫全家人来吃饭。
d. Clean up your plate. 把你盘子里的东西都吃完。
   A: Clean up your plate. 把你盘子里的东西都吃完。
   B: I can’t have any more. 我真的吃不下了。
e. There’s nothing around to eat. 没有什么可吃的东西。
   A: I want something for a midnight snack. 我想找些夜里吃的点心。
   B: There’s nothing around to eat. 没有什么可吃的东西。
f. Whose turn is it to wash the dishes? 轮到谁洗碗了?
  ★Whose turn is it to take out the garbage? 轮到谁扔垃圾了?

4. 做家务
a. What a mess! 怎么这么乱啊!
   = Look at the mess!
   = What a pigsty!
b. Could you dust the living room furniture? 你能把客厅家具上的灰擦干净吗?
   A: Wow! It’s so dusty. Could you dust the living room furniture? 哇!满是 灰尘。你能把客厅家具上的灰擦干净吗?
   B: I’ll have kids do this. 我叫孩子们来做这件事。
c. The laundry has really piled up! 要洗的衣服堆积如山了!
   A: The laundry has really piled up! 要洗的衣服堆积如山了!
   B: You may take it to the cleaner’s. 你可以拿到洗衣店去。
d. This stain is really stubborn. 这污渍太难洗掉了。
   A: This stain is really stubborn. 这污渍太难洗掉了。
   B: You should put in much more detergent. 你应该多放些洗涤剂。
e. The drain is blocked again. 下水道又堵住了。
   A: The drain is blocked again. 下水道又堵住了。
   B: I ask someone to fix it. 我去找个人来修一下。