Idiomatic Expressions in Conversations (14)|英语会话惯用

[关于人物的英语作文]

take good care of yourself 好好保重自己
A: Take good care of yourself.
    好好保重自己。
B: I will. Don't worry.
    我会的,不要担心。

take it or leave it 要就拿,不要就放下
A: Here is five hundred dollars. Take it or leave it.
这里是五百元,要不要随你的便。
B: I don't' want your money.
我不要你的钱。

take your time 慢慢来
A: Will the film start at seven thirty? I'll be right with you.
那部电影是不是七点半开始?我就到。
B: Take your time.
    不要急,慢慢来。

terrific 太棒了
A: How was the film?
    那部电影怎样?
B: Terrific! I enjoyed every minute of it.
    太棒了!每一分钟都是享受。

thank you just the same 还是谢谢你
A: I'm sorry. I can't help you.
    对不起,我不能帮助你。
B: Thank you just the same.
    不要紧,还是谢谢你。

that'll do 那也可以
A: Sorry, sir. We don't have lamb tonight. We only serve beef.
对不起,先生,我们今晚没有羊肉,只有牛肉供应。
B: Okay, that'll do.
   好吧,牛肉也可以。

that's it 对了
A: Is this your purse?
    这是你的钱包吗?
B: Yes, that's it!
    噢,正是我的包。

that's more like it 那还差不多
A: Okay, let's split it fifty fifty, how about it?
     好吧,我们对半付帐如何?
B: Yeah, that's more like it.
     对,那还差不多。

that's no excuse 那不是借口
A: Sorry, I was late because there was a traffic accident.
对不起,因为交通意外,所以我来晚了。
B: That's no excuse.
    那不是借口。

that's really something 真棒
A: This is my new car.
     这是我的新车。
B: Well, that's really something.     哇,真棒!

that's that 不必再说了
A: I want to watch the TV.
    我想看看电视。
B: You can't watch any TV tonight. And that's that.
你今晚不能看电视,不必再说了。

that's nothing 那没什么
A: Thank you so much. I do not deserve so much kindness.
谢谢,你用不着这么热情款待我。
B: Oh, that's nothing.
    噢,那没什么。

the bill is on me (be my guest) 我付钱
A: The bill is on me; you pay next time.
     这次我付钱,下一次你付。
B: Okay, thank you very much.
    好吧,谢谢你。

the hell it is 胡说八道
A: Where is my book?
     我的书呢?
B: In the toilet.
     在厕所里。
A: The hell it is.
     胡说八道。

there you go again 你又来了
A: Sorry, I forgot to bring my book.
     对不起,我忘了带书本。
B: There you go again. I told you a thousand times not to forget to bring your books, but you are still so absent-minded.
你又来了,我告诉你上千遍了,不要忘记带书本,可是你还是这样健忘。

think big 胸怀大志
A: I want to be a clerk.
     我想做一个文员。
B: Think big, young man.
     要胸怀大志,年轻人。

too far 太过分
A: Tom's wife is as fat as a pig.
     汤姆的太太肥得像一头猪。
B: Shut up! You've gone too far.
     闭嘴!你太过分了。

trade in 以旧换新
A: I'm going to trade in my old car for a new one.
我想把我的旧车换成一辆新的。
B: Why? Your car is still running.
     为什么?你的汽车还跑得欢呢。

trouble maker 捣蛋鬼
A: Peter is a trouble maker.
     彼得是个捣蛋鬼。
B: Yeah, he is annoying.
     对,他很烦人。

watch your tongue 说话小心点
A: The manager's wife is a snob.
     老板娘是个势利小人。
B: Sh...watch your tongue.
    嘘……说话小心点。

we'll see about that 走着瞧
A: I'll make it one day.
     我会成功的。
B: We'll see about that.
     走着瞧。